Terms and Conditions of Booking
1. If you book a trip with Grimentz Zinal Backcountry Adventures (GZBA) and your booking is accepted by GZBA then a contract is deemed to exist between you and Grimentz Zinal Backcountry Adventures Sarl.
2. All bookings made with GZBA shall be deemed to be made with Grimentz Zinal Backcountry Adventures Sarl, whose registered office is at Chalet Edelweiss, 3961 Mottec, Anniviers, Switzerland.
Booking & payment
3. To book a place on a trip you must complete our online reservation and return this to GZBA we will contact you to take payment. The contract between you and GZBA will exist from the date on the Confirmation Invoice.
4. If the balance or full payment due is not received by GZBA by the date specified in the Confirmation Invoice, and unless a delay in your payment has been agreed by GZBA in writing, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and to retain your deposit. We also reserve the right to pursue you for the unpaid balance due.
Price changes after you have booked
5. Prices of trips may be altered after you have booked on account of government action and changes in exchange rates. If the additional costs, dues, taxes or fees amount to a change of more than 5% of the original trip price we will either refund you the difference or make an appropriate further charge.
Cancellation by you
6. If you wish to cancel your booking you must do so in writing. Notice of cancellation will only be effective from the day such notice is received by GZBA and the following charges will apply: more than 60 days before departure loss of deposit 30 to 59 days before departure 50% of total cost 15 to 29 days before departure 80% of total cost less than 15 days before departure 100% of total cost
Cancellation by GZBA
7. We will not cancel a trip unless we are obliged to do so by 'force majeure' such as government intervention, political or civil unrest, flight cancellations or an act of God and other unforeseeable circumstances; or if the number of fully paid-up bookings needed to operate the trip has not been reached.
8. If we cancel your trip for one of these reasons you will receive a full refund of any money paid to GZBA minus any expenses which we have incurred on your behalf and which cannot be refunded.
9. All activities are subject to weather conditions being, in our or the relevant guide's sole discretion, acceptable. No refunds are made if a trip is cancelled after it begins because of weather.
10. If we cancel your trip we will not be liable for any expenses which you may have incurred as a result of your booking or in expectation of the trip taking place such as costs relating to visas, vaccinations, connecting air flights and any other expenses.
11. Our leaders, guides and representatives have the responsibility and authority to make decisions affecting the well-being and safety of the whole group and of each individual within the group and that as a result they may require an individual to leave the group without any liability on our part for consequential supplementary expenses and without making any refund.
12. All of the guides used by us hold IFGMA/UIAGM qualifications and hold public liability insurance.
13. It is understood that if you decide voluntarily to leave the guided day or days on which you are skiing guided day or days on which you are skiing GZBA has no responsibility for your safety or well being or for any consequential expenses.
14. GZBA reserves the right to modify the program according to the snow conditions, weather, the level of participants or other factors affecting the safety of the group. Regarding the Heliskiing, if unable to fly, an alternative off piste day will be proposed . Any action for damages due to a modification is excluded.
15. Prices are calculated for a minimum number of persons. If this number is not reached, the course may be canceled or reduced in accordance with the participants (short duration, suitable price).
16. Weather, breakdowns of lifts or other incidents cannot be attributed to GZBA.
17. GZBA disclaims any responsibility in case of accident during instruction or on an excursion.
18. In addition, the terms of the Swiss Mountain Guides are applicable.
19. If you have a complaint you should inform the trip leader or another GZBA representative as soon as possible so that they have an opportunity to take appropriate action on the spot. If after the trip is completed you feel that your complaint has not been properly dealt with you must notify us in writing within 30 days of its scheduled completion. We will then try to reach an agreement with you.
20. We do not accept liability for any claim arising out of a mishap to yourself or your property which is as a result of events beyond the reasonable control of GZBA, its staff or agents.
21. While we have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of our advertising material and information sheets we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
22. We give advice and information on matters such as health, currency, local conditions, climate, equipment, clothing and other matters in good faith and cannot be held responsible for such advice and information. You accept responsibility for all these matters and particularly for obtaining the necessary visas and advice from your own doctor on all health matters.
23. It is essential that you are adequately insured for the activities that you wish to do. Your insurance policy should specifically cover cancellations as well as any high risk activities that you wish to undertake. Insurance should cover helicopter rescue
24. You agree to allow GZBA to use for publicity purposes without your permission and free of charge any photographic material containing your image taken on a GZBA trip in its possession.
25. The terms and conditions of this contract will only be waived or varied if such changes are agreed in writing in a letter signed on behalf of GZBA by one of the Directors of GZBA.
26. The terms & conditions of all agreements made with GZBA shall be subject to and governed by Swiss law and you shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Swiss courts whatever the nationality of the parties concerned.